ACT of COMMUNICATION® is proud to offer a compilation of legal insights and interesting reads from the finest law resources that we believe our clients and prospective clients will find insightful and helpful.
- Reflections on the Fairness of Passion in Advocacy by Marc Garfinkle
- Ethical Issues Raised in Cherry Docs and Tone Clusters Productions at Theatricum Botanicum
- Acquittal: An Insider Reveals the Stories and Strategies Behind Today’s Most Infamous Verdicts by Richard Gabriel
- Fundamental Principles of an Effective Presentation by Dave Dolkas
- Literature’s First Jury Trial by Abraham Meltzer
- Storytelling for Lawyers by Phillip N. Meyer
- More From The #Jury Box: The Latest On Juries and Social Media by Hon. Amy J. St. Eve, Hon. Charles P. Burns, & Michael A. Zuckerman
- Obama Reframes Syria: Metaphor and War Revisited by George Lakoff
- Systemic Causation and Syria: Obama’s Framing Problem by George Lakoff
- The Science of Storytelling: Why Telling a Story is the Most Powerful Way to Activate Our Brains by Leo Widrich
- Gesturing While Talking Influences Thoughts by Jeremy Dean
- American Justice or American Idol? Two Trials and Two Verdicts in the Casey Anthony Case by Richard Gabriel
- 10 Tips For Preparing The Crazy Witness For a Media Frenzied Trial by Katherine James
- Beneath the Robes and Behind Closed Doors: Why Supreme Court Justices Behave as Jurors by Ryan A. Malphurs, Ph.D.
- The Influence of Deceptive Forensic Testimony on Jury Decisions: The CSI Effect by Clint Townson
- Re-Discovering, Honoring and Exploiting Your Fabulously Female Presentation Skills by Katherine James
- Paralegals Are Key in Witness Preparation: A Podcast by Vicki Voisin of Legal Talk Network Featuring Katherine James
- Actors, Lawyers & Audiences by Thomas H. Vidal
- Making Time for Making Art by Katherine James
- To Succeed for Your Client, Think Like Your Client by Joanna Ardalan
- A Journey from Trial Attorney to Author and Beyond by Paul Turk
- Is Yoga Legal?: Understanding Judgment by Rebecca Stahl
- "I Am Divorced… But I’m Still Me: A Child’s View of Divorce" Books by Amie Greenberg, JD, MBA, and Barbara Greenberg, MD
- The Path to a Paper Free Firm by John B. McEntire IV
- Florida Lawyers Bring Big Screen Drama to the Courtroom: How Popular Culture’s Influence on the Law has Created the Need for ‘Professional Witnesses’ by Katherine Lee Klapsa
- Justice Joined by Wilson A. Schooley
- Jury Rig: "The Office" Excerpt by Korey Kaul
- Litigation and Family Don’t Mix by Mark B. Baer, Esq.
- 7 Tips for Writing Novels While Practicing Law By Lisa M. Lilly
- Lighten Up! How Lawyers Can Enhance Their Communication Skills … with Stand-Up Comedy By Nina Kaufman, Esq.
- CDSWOT and PLADSquared: Techniques for Avoiding and Breaking Bad News By Steven E. Perkel & Eric Dakhari
- Speaking As One: Confronting the Trials of Bad Accents By Susan McRae
- Damage Anchors on Real Juries By Shari Seidman Diamond, Mary R. Rose, Beth Murphy & John Meixner
- Persuasion Strategies Visual Persuasion Study By Ken Broda-Bahm, Ph.D
To read any of these topics in full, please click on a link below:
› Show, Don’t Just Tell: Part 1, Continuity
› Show, Don’t Just Tell: Part 2, Comprehension
› Show, Don’t Just Tell: Part 3, Comparison
› Show, Don’t Just Tell: Part 4, Centrality
› Show, Don’t Just Tell: Part 5, Caution
- What You Get When You Mix Timelines and George Orwell: Design, Intellectual Honesty and Control
By Stacey Manela
- The Function of Laughter at the U.S. Supreme Court By Ryan A. Malphurs, Ph.D.
- The Illusion of Truth By Jeremy Dean
- The Privacy Implications of Facebook On Your Life and Practice By Mari J. Frank and Alyssa J. Frank
- Confidence in Sampling: Why Every Lawyer Needs to Know the Number 384 By John G. McCabe, M.A. and Justin C. Mary
- The Reptile Brain, Mammal Heart and (Sometimes Perplexing) Mind of the Juror: Toward a Triune Trial Strategy By Jill P. Holmquist, J.D.
- Sonia Buck’s Sample Chapter Movie Therapy for Law Students
- Preaching What They Don’t Practice: Why Law Faculties’ Preoccupation with Impractical Scholarship and Devaluation of Practical Competencies Obstruct Reform in the Legal Academy By Brent E. Newton
- How to Write: A Memorandum from a Curmudgeon, Chapter 1 By Mark Herrmann
- Witness Preparation: What Is Ethical, and What Is Not By Elaine Lewis
- Five Myths About Social Media for Attorneys By Amy DeLouise
- The Temptation to Tweet – Jurors’ Activities Outside the Trial By Michael Bromby
- Acting lessons for lawyers. By Nora Lockwood Tooher of LawyersUSA
- Warning: Anything you say can be used against you on TV. By Ernest Teitell and Susan Heller
- PUBLIC RESPECT AND TRUST. How to Restore and Deserve It. By David Ball, Ph.D.
- Lights! Action! Litigate! By David Henry Dolkas
- How to Build a Mediation Presentation That Will Make an Insurance Adjuster’s Sphincter Tighten. By Robert Gerchen
- How We Support Our False Beliefs
- 1936 Esquire: Attorney for the Defense by Clarence Darrow
- The Wolf Was Framed! Little Red was no victim by Diane F. Wyzga
- Finding Fear: Neuroscientists Locate Where It Is Stored In The Brain
- In opening a case, grab the jurors’ attention By Douglas S. Lavine
- The Female Factor By Tresa Baldas
- How Jurors Use Emotional Information to Decide Cases By Richard Gabriel
- ANCHORS and FRAMES and THEMES (Oh My) By Eric Oliver
- Study: Juror Questions, Limits on Lawyer Presentations Enhance Jury Trial Process
- Haiku Nation. Words few, hard-hitting. So participatory. Mini-lit is hot. (Submitted by Thomas S. Boothe)
- Our brains have a vast capacity for remembering detail
- FICTION 101: A primer for lawyers on how to use fiction writing techniques to write persuasive facts sections
- The Power Of Peter Piper: How Alliteration Enhances Poetry, Prose, And Memory
- Reading Shakespeare Has Dramatic Effect On Human Brain
- The Secrets of Storytelling: Why We Love a Good Yarn
- Much ado over Shakespearean theater find
- Whom Do We Fear Or Trust?
If you are interested in learning more about ACT of COMMUNICATION® or our services, please contact us.
If you would like to contribute an article to our Knowledge Tank, we encourage you to please contact us.